Walking Tours: Queimadas / Caldeirão Verde
Minimum of 2 people & the price is per person
Route: Meeting at the Hotel - Queimadas - Caldeirão Verde - Queimadas - Santana - Return to the Hotel
- Price per person: 38€
- Childrens up to 12 years old: 18€ per child
- Duration: approximately 6 hours
- Transport: 1 hour from Funchal to Queimadas + 1 hour from Queimadas to Funchal.
- Distance: 13km
- Maximum altitude: 980m
- Minimum elevation: 890m
- Location: Santana
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Includes Mountain Guide, insurance, licenses and transportation.
- Note: Tunnels and Vertigo
Caldeirão Verde - route where green color and nature are a constant in the eyes of those who visit!
About this tourThis hike starts at Queimadas, in the Santana council, more precisely at 980 meters high. Throughout this course, also belonging to the Laurissilva Forest, it is possible to glimpse a wide variety of plant species, which paint the landscapes green. Before reaching the destination, it is also necessary to pass some tunnels, which we advise to use a flashlight. At the end of the walk and after 6.5 km we arrive at Caldeirão Verde, with its imposing waterfall several meters high and from which falls water to a small lagoon, where anyone who wants to can dive in the cold waters of it. After rest, and maybe a little dip, we have to return to the starting point, Queimadas, where there is a traditional house with thatched straw.
- * All tickets and meals are the responsibility of the customers but can enjoy discounts on all our partners.
- ** All clients are responsible for bringing appropriate hiking and flashlight material.
- *** In case of adverse weather conditions walks may be cancelled.
There are no reviews yet.