Walking Tours: Pico Areeiro / Pico Ruivo
Minimum of 2 people & the price is per person
- Price per person: 38€
- Childrens up to 12 years old: 18€ per child
- Duration: 7 hours approximately.
- Transportation: 40 minutes from Funchal to Pico do Areeiro + 40 minutes from Pico do Areeiro to Funchal.
- Distance: 16Km
- Maximum altitude: 1862 meters.
- Minimum altitude: 1542 meters.
- Location: Pico do Areeiro / Pico Ruivo
- Difficulty: Difficult.
- Includes: Mountain Guide, Insurance, Permits and Transportation
Path of the highest peaks of the island.
About this tour
This route starts at the 2 highest points on the island and only has access by car, more precisely at 1818 meters above sea level.
Throughout the course, you will be able to observe wonderful landscapes of the central massif of the mountains of Madeira and all its vegetation present in it.
There are also some tunnels which we will have to cross all the way. In order to reach the highest point of the island, "Pico Ruivo" (1862 meters) we will have to go through some steep climbs and descents, but it is well worth going over and enjoying all the landscapes of the wonderful mountains.
At the highest point of the island, it is advisable to rest, enjoy the surrounding view and replenish energies for the return to the starting point.
- * All tickets and meals are the responsibility of the customers but can enjoy discounts on all our partners.
- ** All clients are responsible for bringing appropriate hiking and flashlight material.
- *** In case of adverse weather conditions walks may be cancelled.